THE NATIONAL VETERAN SUPPLIER DIVERSITY COUNCIL
We work tirelessly to connect companies committed to diversity with our network of Veteran small-businesses. Diversity is the strength of companies, and we believe Veterans make ideal suppliers.
In December 2015 and February 2016, the U.S. Census Bureau released data from its Survey of Business Owners (SBO):
• 2.45 million businesses were majority-owned by veterans.
• Of this total, 442,485 were employers, and 2.08 million were non-employers.
• Veteran-owned firms had receipts of $1.22 trillion, employed 5.03 million people, and had annual payroll of $210 billion.
• Veteran-owned firms represented 9.1 percent of all U.S. firms.
• 10.3 percent of all owners of SBO-respondent firms were veterans.
• 7.3 percent of all respondent veteran owners had service-connected disabilities.